Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy 25th Anniversary!


Anniversary Photos 2
Originally uploaded by paynehollow
So, we have started out as innocent, earnest CCM-loving young adult conservative Christians who were crazy in love and here we are, 25 years later, perhaps less innocent, less fond of CCM, not quite so young and not nearly so conservative, but still crazy in love.

We have traveled a long ways and we have managed to do it together. We have had such a blessed life. So few challenges, so many wonderful gifts have fallen into our laps. Although I have a predilection for getting lost just for the fun of it, in our travels together, we have stayed together and it has been so impossibly easy.

Thank you, Donna, for loving me. Thank you for putting up with my arrogance and idiosyncracies. Thank you for giving us Jordan Seth and Sarah Grace (although they may have been Jackson Green Trabue and Sojourner Truth Trabue if it had been up to me - I'm sure they're thankful to you for putting a stop to that) - what beautiful children! What a joy they have been to our life together.

For all of this perfect, grace-filled, loving life together, I can only say that I hope the next 75 years of our life together are half as wonderful as the first 25.

I love you, Donna Beth Helton Trabue.

I think I have from that first day I saw you playing volleyball with your Arlington High School tshirt and your sweet, fun smile.

Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart.

7 comments:

revhipchick said...

Congratulations! thanks for sharing your special day and your beautiful love story with all of us!

Alan said...

Happy 25th!!

Geoffrey Kruse-Safford said...

Happy anniversary, you two. 25 years and still, quite obviously, in love. Best to both of you and many blessings.

John said...

Congratulations on 25 wonderful years. Thanks for sharing the long journey.

Marty said...

Happy Anniversary. It was quite an inspiring story.

Dan Trabue said...

Thanks, everybody.

Alan, we just got back from seeing the Synchronous Fireflies of the Smokey Mountains. Wow. Thanks for the recommendation! It was incredible.

Sue said...

Ohhhhhh Dan. So sweet and so romantic! And what a great couple you are.