I'll play along in so far as I'll answer the questions, but I'll pass on passing:
1. Number of books you have owned:
Too many, I'm sure. I do try to go to library when I can and hold off the purchasing for only the indispensible books (ie, Wendell Berry, Gene Logsdon, Harlan Hubbard, Aldo Leopold, Muir, Thoreau, etc. And now Rowling, of course).
2. Last book I bought:
Seems as if I have purchased one since the last Harry Potter book, but I can't recall what it was.
3. Last book I completed:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (I finished the new one and then went back and finished the fourth and fifth books, which I had never completed).
4a. Five books that mean a lot to me:
1. The Bible (or, if you'd like me be more specific, James or Matthew)
2. Living in Christian Community, by Art Gish (the book where I first realized that there were people out there - anabaptists - who believed as I do)
3. Payne Hollow Journal, by Harlan Hubbard (even moreso than Thoreau's Walden, the stories of the Hubbards showed me a softer/harder way to live and to live joyously)
4. Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus, by Mary Shelley (what a wonderful morality play warning of the arrogance of humanity and where it leads)
5. Fidelity, by Wendell Berry (probably my favorite book of all time, followed quickly by all of Wendell Berry's other fiction, then followed by his essays and a smattering of his poetry)
6. (sorry) Calvin and Hobbes (take your pick, just because I wanted to include some humor) oooh! No! Even better, how about some of Mark Twain's short stories? Yeah!
4b. What are you currently reading?
Re-reading Wendell Berry's Come Watch With Me (probably my second favorite Berry book) and some goofy horror book whose title I can't remember. I've been doing more skinny-dipping in the literary pond this last year.
5. Which 5 bloggers are you passing this onto?
This is where I'll break the chain and hoped I'm not cursed with a library closing.
Y'all come back now, y'hear (but first commit to reading a Wendell Berry book if you have not yet).