Thursday, November 27, 2008

I Am Thankful...


Fall Colors
Originally uploaded by paynehollow
For my family - For Donna and Jordan and Sarah

For the changing of seasons

For brisk fall and winter hikes

For my friends, especially my church community

For my parents and all they taught me

That this election season is finally over

For the way the election turned out

That God is with us and all about, regardless of who was elected

For friends that I have not met, including those in all these internets - the world is full of good folk and friends I've yet to meet

For those who disagree with me, including those on these here internets - for Eric, Marshall, Bubba, Mom2, Mark, etc, for helping me think through what I believe

For my health

For music - the chance to hear it, the chance to play it, the chance to sing it

For the birds singing outside my window

For the meal I'm sure to enjoy today

For all the many blessings of God, my country, my community, my home, my church and my family, I am thankful.

4 comments:

Marty said...

A blessed day to you and yours.

TAO said...

Happy Thanksgiving....and let us never forget the simple joys of life.

Dan Trabue said...

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all. Thanks for stopping by and the well wishes.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your readers!