Sunday, April 8, 2007

Jeff Street 2007


Jeff Street 2007
Originally uploaded by paynehollow.

Goodness is stronger than evil,
love is stronger than hate,
light is stronger than darkness,
life is stronger than death,
victory is ours through him who loved us.

~Bishop Desmond Tutu


Happy Easter everyone!

If you'd like, you can see some of our joyful Easter mayhem at the Jeff Street blog or my flickr account.

Christ is risen! Risen in our hearts. Risen in our communities. Risen from the Holy Ground bursting forth in life for us all.

And, from the resurrected Christ, I offer these words (written by Paul in Romans, but a fair summary of some of Jesus' major teachings):

Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Have the same regard for one another; do not be haughty but associate with the lowly; do not be wise in your own estimation.

Do not repay anyone evil for evil; be concerned for what is noble in the sight of all.
If possible, on your part, live at peace with all. Beloved, do not look for revenge but leave room for the wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."

Rather, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head."

Do not be conquered by evil but conquer evil with good.
~Romans 12:14-21


Christ is risen, indeed.

5 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Hoping you had -- no, seeing that you had! -- a blessed Easter!

Dan Trabue said...

And you, as well.

Dan Trabue said...

Can you tell I had to photoshop myself in the photo? I took a few pics myself, planning on taking a couple more so that I could get in, but my batteries died...

Michael Westmoreland-White said...

I was cut off to the right (with Kelsey Irwin on my shoulders), but I see my daughter, Miriam, in the lower right-hand corner.

It was a great Easter. Did you get a copy of that great affirmation read (and apparently written) by Jay? I'd like to post that, if possible.

Dan Trabue said...

Sorry, I was hoping to take more photos but the old batteries died out on me. Maybe I can fudge everyone in that isn't there?

No, I didn't get that affirmation from Jay, I'll ask him about it.