Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Green fills my dreams

I could write an outraged posit on the state of religion today. I could fume about Washington's plans for Venezuela. I could mourn the ongoing death in Iraq.

But I think, at least for the day, I will rejoice in the green that has overtaken our city. What was gray and pregnant with anticipation two weeks ago has burst forth in vibrant jade leafery. Life has had its way and I'm pleasantly taken aback at its verdant ferociousness.

I rejoice also in my wonderful children who are growing forth as well. My son is a young man with wild, fantastic dreams about what he might one day do. My daughter has a strength that won't be denied and I smile at just the thought of these two.

My wife and I are coming up on twenty years of life and love together! What have I done to deserve such a blessed life? One of my old friends who hadn't seen me in a while commented not long ago that I seem to be heavy-laden with worry about this earth and its violence, and he chastised me a bit. Perhaps a criticism somewhat deserved, but then I also think: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

But aside from that, I don't really live my life in a state of constant outrage, despite what this blog might suggest. I've the best family anyone could hope to have. I have friends that would run a mile for me (no small feat when you and your friends have reached our age). I've a faith community that is loving and challenging and all things good that a church should be. I've got all of creation at my door, just waiting. My life has been graced by frequent joy and deep hilarity.

Thank you, thank you all.

No comments: