Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Poetry??

Almost Sarah Bike by paynehollow
Almost Sarah Bike a photo by paynehollow on Flickr.

I'm having a senior moment. I was looking through an old “poetry” folder on my computer and found an incomplete poem there I don't recognize. Now, generally, my poetry folder would be full of poems that I wrote. And all the other poem documents in that folder ARE my writings.

But this one, I don't remember or recognize, and it doesn't really sound like me (maybe a little bit – I DO like me some trebuchets...)

But, given the lovely weather here in Louisville today and that it's THAT time of the year, I will offer you an anonymous incomplete poem on a bicycle girl, grooving around the globe...


With the wind under her wheels,
She flew like a dog behind a cat
Like a penguin in a jet

Like a pumpkin recently on a trebuchet.

Smooth.
Subsonic.
Substantial.
Sublime.

No time for gravity, sister astronaut
On a round-the-globe groove
Shakin’ sprockets and grease and...

...and that's it!

Anyone recognize that? I tried googling some excerpts and came up with nothing.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: