Sunday, October 21, 2007

Dan, Jordan Donna


Dan, Jordan Donna
Originally uploaded by paynehollow
My boy's been baptized. Outdoor at the end of October.

We figured he was taking a mighty bold step of faith, getting baptized outside that late in the year, but we had 80 degree weather today.

The water, I'm told, was not similarly warm.

Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward.

The preacher says all my sins is warshed away... Neither God nor man's got nothin' on me now.

C'mon in boys, the water is fine.


I'm busting with pride. Forgive my sinning.

9 comments:

ELAshley said...

I'm proud for you. Congratulations for training him up in the way he should go.

Michael Westmoreland-White said...

Now why did I know you'd quote Delmar from O, Brother, Where Art Thou?

I liked the fact that Jordan wanted a "no frills" baptism. Your son is both faithful and thoughtful. His Christian discipleship will not be either foolish or flamboyant. Cool.

John said...

Congratulations!

Dan Trabue said...

Thanks, y'all.

brd said...

Bless y'all!

Scott Eaton said...

Very awesome! Blessings on you and your boy.

Erudite Redneck said...

Hallelujah!

Kimbo =) said...

Congrats! :) Y'all look lovely! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!