Sunday, July 22, 2007

Jeff Street Picnic at Deams Lake


Deams Lake
Originally uploaded by paynehollow
We had an unbelievably perfect day yesterday picnicking at the shores of Deams Lake. The weather was fantastic, the water relatively clean, the company enjoyable.

A few quotes to honor the day:

From a drop of water a logician could infer the possibility of an Atlantic or a Niagara without having seen or heard of one or the other. So all life is a great chain, the nature of which is known whenever we are shown a link of it.

~Sherlock Holmes

It's clear to me that I will return here, as well as to other wilderness frontiers within me -- whether next year or some time later -- because I know that what the river says is what I need to hear: to know myself, to feel wild again, to confront my own limits and move beyond them into the untamed country on the other side.

~Jeff Wallach

Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.


~AA Milne

3 comments:

brd said...

I just sent my son back to your world of dreams yesterday. You will have to look after him for me!

brd

T Michael W Halcomb said...

Dan,

would you be up for partaking in my interview series? if so, email me at

halc dot 40dp at mailcity dot com

have a good one.

www.michaelhalcomb.blogspot.com

Dan Trabue said...

"I just sent my son back to your world of dreams yesterday. You will have to look after him for me!"

The eagle has landed. We had lunch with him yesterday. Looking forward to hearing more of his adventures this summer.